Wednesday, February 2, 2011

In lieu of cooking...

I actually did cook tonight, I'm just exhausted. I have the pictures and the recipe all ready to go, but would rather just veg on my couch and watch a very frightening TV show (The Walking Dead on AMC). Which is ok, right? But here's a funny little diagram about learning to cook to hold you over.
Ok, ok. I made lamb tonight. I marinaded it in a bastardization of my mom's famous Easter lamb marinade and roasted it. And thank goodness for thinking ahead, yesterday me. If not I'd definitely be eating some form of take out tonight. Anyways, I served it with some gently sauteed veggies like onion, chard and zucchini and served over minted whole wheat couscous (that'd be regular whole wheat couscous with some fresh chopped mint mixed in). And topped with this really truly delicious mint mascarpone sauce that I tweaked from a Giada de Laurentiis recipe.

Lamb Marinade (for 1 lb. lamb)
1/2 stick of butter
juice of 1 lemon
1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. mustard- I use horseradish mustard
1 bay leave
1 clove garlic, smashed
1/2 tsp rosemary, crushed
1/4 tsp oregano

1. Combine all ingredients in sauce pan and cook over low heat until melted together. Combine with lamb in a large pastic bag and marinate for 24 hours in the fridge. Roast lamb at 350 for 25-30 minutes then increase to 450 for 10 minutes.
 
Pre-combined. Really pretty right? It's light and minty and is excellent with lamb
Mint Mascarpone Sauce
1 Tbl. finely diced mint
1 Tbl. honey
1/4 c. mascarpone
1 tsp. cumin

1. Combine all ingredients. Can reduce or increase honey depending on desired level of sweetness. Serve to the side of the lamb- will melt if placed on top

I know I've been hinting here and there about something big happening that necessitates zen and whatnot. And it may have a lot to do with work, but in a very, very good way. I'm not going to get ahead of myself as this may take a fair amount of time to actually happen, but the downside is that I'm working my butt off and it's sapping my energy a bit. So bear with me. At least tonight I was able to stay awake until 10pm which is a major coup these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...