Sunday, February 27, 2011

Appliance Love

I have a ton of kitchen stuff. And for the people who are aware of exactly what I have tend to ask my advice on occasion. I promise to be completely honest about really liking something or absolutely despising it to the point where I don't even bother to move it from one apartment to the next. And I'm always looking for good recommendations for things to add to my collection in return. Being appliances I know they won't last forever and the one I love may be discontinued, or I may want to upgrade to a better model, who knows.

So appliance love of the week goes to my Oxo tea kettle. I use this, no joke, every day. In the morning to heat water for my French Press coffee and at night for my tea.  I received it as a gift a few years back from my dear friend Marcus and his lovely wife Laura and while it may seem a little pricey for a tea kettle ($60-70) it's great. The handle never gets too hot, it comes in lots of lovely shades, and it's a snap to clean. Oh, and it also boils water pretty quickly. All pretty solid qualities that a kettle should have.
If you are in the market, I can't say enough good things about mine. And look how pretty and cream colored it is, after over 3 years. Just a steel wool scrub and some soap every few months. That's it. One of the best things I own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...