Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Who's Excited for the Superbowl?

Not me. And neither is this guy. But he is drinking Tuthilltown Hudson Four Grain Bourbon Whiskey which I see a lot at liquor stores, probably owing to the fact that I live in the New York area where it's distilled. I've never bought it as it's pretty expensive ($40-50+ for a 375ml bottle), and have never seen it out at restaurants, so I have yet to taste. In polite conversation at my nearby wine stores I've been told that it's just ok which has always discouraged me from purchasing.

But it's made with 4 grains (corn- of course, rye, wheat and malted barley) while most bourbon only contains 3 in the mash bill. It's said to have vanilla, persimmon and orange on the nose and taste like caramel and toasted pecans; smooth and creamy to drink which sounds pretty excellent as far as bourbons go. So maybe I should give it a shot. This unfortunate gentleman seems to be enjoying it quite a bit.

2 comments:

  1. At first thought something was off on the audio...not your typical Gary V videocast. I guess I'd be upset also if I was a Jets fan. Gotta be going for the Steelers on the 6th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, why? I'm once again just watching for the commercials.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...