Wednesday, June 15, 2011

On a Wednesday in June

Oh lovely, happy day. So many good things have come into my life lately and this is just the latest. I'm so happy these days, but of course never forgetting how thankful I am for everything I've been blessed with thus far.

So remember when I posted a little while back on all the things I wanted to accomplish this summer, and then I hinted again that one of those things was officially in the works? Well, without any further ado I would like to introduce you to my new little blog partner, my Nikon D70.
Will you miss my pretty iPhone instagram pictures?
Originally I was getting the body only, but the friend of a friend that I bought this from managed to locate the kit lens, so I'll see how that works with food before I upgrade to a better lens (was thinking of a 50 mm f/1.8 or a 50 mm f/1.4- thoughts?). I'm good at making do with what I have anyways, and this camera as is can't even be considered in the same realm with what I've been using. I still have a few posts to do with my old camera's photos but after that it's my Nikon only.

I'm still keeping in mind the first rule for photography of any sort, that it's not the camera that makes the picture beautiful, it's the artist behind the lens. And I do plan to use this for more than just food photography, though it is a bit on the heavy side. So you may see more than just what's on my plate from time to time (not that I didn't do that already).

But oh the adventures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...