Monday, March 7, 2011

La La Love You

Oh. You thought I was talking about the Pixies song? Well I was actually referring to my 3.5-qt Le Creuset dutch oven... but yeah, the Pixies are pretty awesome too, though No. 13 Baby would actually be my fav song on that very amazing album. Speaking of, I'm not a person with very many regrets in my life but not going to see the Pixies when they did their Doolittle tour a year ago is probably one of my top 3 regrets of my life. Even though I'd been laid off for nearly 8 months, with no job prospects and a rapidly dwindling bank account. Rent or Pixies? If I could go back practical me would probably still pick rent... but it'd be a very tough choice, again. There's always Canada though...

And one of the things I never regret purchasing* is my fire engine red 3.5-qt Le Creuset dutch oven. Well I actually have 2 Le Creuset dutch ovens... spoiled much?... but it's the littler one that's much easier for me to handle and does a better job cooking the perfect amount of meals for 1-2 people. It also bakes the perfectly shaped loaf of Jim Lahey No Knead bread, being oven safe, and the plastic top is easily removed with a flathead screwdriver for higher temperature cooking. It's dishwasher safe, but if you don't have one it's also a snap to clean and usually doesn't require any soaking and hard core scrubbing at all. Now if you are cooking for more than 2, I would definitely suggest you go with the 5-qt. Which is great for soups and stews and large meat braises, and is to blame for my freezer being packed full of those very items, frozen away for a rainy day. But I do love both of them and highly recommend, even with the cost, for any home chef. The 3.5-qt runs about $160-190 and the 5-qt runs about $200-230.

*It was actually due to an event that shall remain nameless for the time being that I was able to procure the little red Le Creuset. But that's a story for another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...