Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Birthday Guest Blog!

Today is the 1 year anniversary of my sister's lovely blog. If you aren't familiar with Le Culinary Creusette then you kind of need to check it out asap. Not only is she my little sis, she's a fabulous home chef living with her equally fabulous sous chef. Together they cook, hit up totally enviable restaurants (Volt!), and have really cool parties... and Mr. sous chefs' homemade chex mix is to. die. for. AND she totally won a huge Le Creuset for this awesome recipe of mine that she did her own little tweaks on (must run in the family I guess).

So Happy Birthday Le Culinary Creusette! Here's to many more years as an amazing blog and my blogging inspiration!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOG!

Yup. Le Culinary Creusette is a year old today. What started as a fun idea over a grill with my friends has turned into a much larger project that has had over 980 unique visitors and 116 posts in one year.

Thanks so much to all my friends and family who have continued to follow my ramblings over the course of a year, as well as all of you who have found me through an accidental misspelling on the web.

In honor of the past year, I've culled together a few of my most popular posts of the year:

The Long and the Short of Dinners: I made Honey Mustard Chicken (short prep) and my Short Rib recipe (3+ hours) in the same week. Both were amazing.
Honey Mustard Chicken
Winning a Le Creuset: The short ribs recipe was such a hit, I entered it into a contest at Metrocurean.com. Thanks to everyone's votes—I won a 7 qt. purple dutch oven that has been used to make everything from chicken stock to tamales since then.

The Short Ribs recipe
Summer Sauce Weekend Part 1 and Part 2. My coworker Mary Lynn let me tag along during her summer weekend ritual of making tomato sauce, and the experience brought to mind why I got into cooking in the first place.


What to Make with a Whole Chicken. Nothing really summed up my month-long goal of budget cooking better than the week where I used an entire chicken to make three different meals, plus stock. I got a ton of feedback from this, and it has inspired my sister to replicate it on her blog just this past month with some equally delicious recipes of her own.

And of course there was the Mad Men Party, the Roasted Soups, Work Approved Cookies, and many others. Let me know if I missed any of your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...