Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Panko Crusted Mustard Chicken Revisited

This is, has been, and always will be my go to meal. Perfect for nights where I can't think of making anything. Perfect for nights when I just need something comforting. Perfect for nights when I need that no brainer meal for someone, or many someones, special (it is after all a great dinner party meal). And while I love it with chicken legs when I'm feeling indulgent, it's also great with chicken breasts, salmon filets, duck legs, or pork chops. Roast up a veggie or two, a quick side of rice, or quinoa or both and there you have it. My favorite easy meal.

Mustard Roasted Chicken Legs
1 chicken leg per person- optional to remove the skin
1-2 Tbl. mustard per leg- I prefer horseradish mustard
1 1/2 tsp panko per leg
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Pat legs dry and sprinkle on salt and pepper on both sides. Leave chicken skin side up if cooking with skin on. Sprinkle on salt and pepper. Top with mustard and spread until it evenly covers the top part of the leg. Top evenly with panko.

3. Roast for 1 hour until the chicken is tender and the coating is crisp and browned on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...