Sunday, January 8, 2012

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

I don't eat breakfast much (I know, I know), and when I brunch I usually tend to the savory, but there's something about lemon ricotta silver dollar pancakes that always gets me. They're rich and thick, the way a good pancake should be. But light and lemon-y, the perfect way to start a day. A great use for leftover ricotta and a wonderful way to add some brightness into your morning (or afternoon). Sometimes served with stewed apples, lemon curd or even some berries and cream, but I personally don't think they need any extras, they're pretty darn good just as they are. 
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
  • 3/4 c. ap flour
  • 1 Tbl. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 Tbl. sugar
  • 1 c. ricotta cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 c. milk
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 lemon, zested plus 1 Tbl juice
1. Mix together  first 5 dry ingredients and set aside. In a seperate bowl, combine ricotta, milk, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest and juice. Slowly add in the dry ingredients until just combined.

2. In a saute pan melt butter at medium. Add batter to form pancakes to the size you prefer. Keep cooked pancakes warm until all batter has been used. Serve plain, with fresh fruit, maple syrup, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...