Hazelnut Sponge Cupcakes
6 eggs separated
4 oz. light brown sugar
14 oz. hazelnut flour
4 oz. all-purpose flour
Pinch of salt
4 oz. granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line cupcake tins with cupcake wrappers.
2. Whisk separated egg yolks until blended. Add the brown sugar and mix well for 5 minutes, until mixture is very light (important).
3. In a separate bowl, combine hazelnut and all-purpose flour.
4. In a 3rd separate bowl, mix egg whites until opaque. Add in granulated sugar and continue to whisk until they form firm peaks. Fold in the yolk mixture in to the egg whites. Then fold in the flour in 3 additions. Don't over mix or the white will fall. Fill cupcake tins with batter and bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
1 1/2 pint of whipped cream
1/3-1/2 c. of nutella
1. Whisk whipped cream until it forms soft peaks. Mix in nutella and whisk until the peaks firm up. Frost cupcakes when they are cooled and then chill in refrigerator.