Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Appliance Love: My Cuisinart Food Processor

If you couldn't tell from the amount of pesto I've been making lately, I am head over heels in LOVE with my food processor. It's a Cuisinart Prep 11-cup that I got as a birthday present from my wonderful parents (probably hinting a little when they decided on an 11-cup over the 9 or 7) in a beautiful stainless steel color, but it also comes in white. The 11 cup is a bit pricey at $200+ but the 7 and 9 are much more affordable at $130+ and $150+ respectively, but don't come with the dough control technology, which I'll admit, I haven't used yet as I make my dough's by hand but will probably take advantage at some point in the near future.
Did I also mention that it is insanely easy to use. So much so that when I first put it together I was making it much more complicated than it needed to be, but it does come with a handy little DVD that you can watch to actually see how it comes together. Basically it just slides and snaps in. And... if you recall one of the many reason why I hated my former food processor, this one is quiet. Not silent by any means but I don't feel like I'm in danger of disturbing my neighbors, much less my ear drums. It also processes fairly quickly to allow you to get those great silky smooth purees but not so fast that you don't get the chunky quality when desired. And 11 cups is perfect for me to double, or even triple a recipe, as I am quite fond of freezing things back, though when I do make individual servings it doesn't hinder the machine either.
So with the holidays right around the corner, if you or someone on your gift list is looking for a new food processor, definitely look at the Cuisinart Prep, and remember that it comes in 3 different sizes. It's the quality food processor that I'd been dying for, and now I can't get enough of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...